Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rose Wines

I've always been a red wine drinker.  Since I need to provide red wine and white wine choices at wedding dinner, I've been trying some white wines.  For some reasons, white wine is just not really my taste.
LCBO has been promoting rose wine, so I've decided to give it a try.

Gallo Family Vineyards
White Zinfandel
California
2009















Beringer California Collection
White Zinfandel
California
2008
















Both are good wines with a fruity strawberry taste.
I like dry red wines, but for white & rose wines, I prefer sweet wines.
Beringer has a sugar content = 4 while Gallo has sugar contect = 3.
Comparing the 2 rose wines, I prefer the Beringer one.

I am still debating whether to provide rose wine instead of white wine at my wedding or not.
Generally, people treats rose wine more like cocktail than wine.
That's why you normally will not find any rose wines in high end restaurants. 
Since it's my wedding, I should provide something that I like...
Should I provide rose wines or white wines?
I guess there is still time to decide.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment